Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why we have gardens

My idea of painting and posting something every day in June has fallen a little short. Truth be told, I've held to my goal of doing at least one drawing/painting every day, but some of them aren't post-worthy, so I keep them in my journal but don't put them out there into the universe.


Drawing and painting are great therapy for me. It calms me down and puts me in a happier state, even after the most stressful day. But like moods and thoughts, I'm discovering, not every drawing needs to be shared.  


I decided to share this one, not so much because it's that good since I did it rather late last night and I was tired.  I put it out here because - well, it's lavender, for goodness sake, and who doesn't love lavender. I cut these sprigs from my garden last night. Lavender is pretty much indestructible, it blooms all summer and smells great. Even my golden retrievers can't seem to harm it. Pretty much the perfect garden plant. And a good example of what we should strive for - be tough, keep blooming, smell good, and make  everyone wonder how you do it. 


 A bonus: I used the water it was sitting in to do this watercolor sketch. 


M

No comments:

Post a Comment