Monday, June 28, 2010
A reason for the blues
Delbert Williams has been playing his bluesy music at our outdoor market for years. He makes everybody smile with his music and his happy, upbeat personality. He smiles at kids and hands out balloons.
Now the market wants him to limit the time he plays there, and to give up his amp. We're not talking concert hall amp here - Delbert's is a tiny speaker that runs on a 9-volt battery.
The market bigwigs think his music is too loud. I spent 20 minutes sitting about 20 feet from him, doing this painting on Saturday and I could hear conversations going on all around me. I spoke with a number of people and never had to raise my voice.
His music is part of the fabric of the market, making it a happier, livelier place. Let's hope this many fans speak out so Delbert keep his sounds coming just as they are. And the deciders come to their senses.
If not, we'll all be singing the blues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment