Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Remember WKRP?




This is the fountain that was featured in the opening segment of the old television show, WKRP. I never actually watched the show but I do remember the theme song. This fountain is still the centerpiece of our downtown area, although thanks to some renovations a few years ago it was moved slightly from its original location.

I drew this on the Sunday that was the last day of the FIFA world cup, so the square was very lively, filled with people watching the game on the big screen there and cheering on the teams. Most of them seemed to be cheering for Spain. It was a beautiful sunny day and everybody seemed happy.

Anyway, it's a pretty fountain and I'd never noticed all the detail (like the dog lapping at the water) until I went to draw it recently. I'll have to do some history on who all those people are and what they represent.

Just another reminder of how little you see until you really take the time to look at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment