Monday, November 22, 2010

More Asilomar sketches












A few more sketches from my wonderful weekend at Asilomar.  I decided that this gull is a friend of the one whose photo I posted earlier. I sketched this from a photo taken by another woman in our painting group.  He was none too happy about sharing his rock with her, and stared her down the entire time she was taking photos. I loved his expression, although I made him look more friendly than he actually was. 

The lighthouse is at Point Pinos, which is about 2 miles up the coast from the Asilomar conference center. It sits up on a hill overlooking the sea. It was somewhat overcast the day I sketched it,  so the beacon in the lighthouse was actually working that day.  

The last sketch is the walkway from the conference center to the beach. I can still sort of hear the ocean when I look at this. 

Many beautiful and happy memories of this weekend...



1 comment:

  1. These are all wonderful memories of a great place (and great class).

    ReplyDelete